Ocean Yachts Manufacturer is one of the few Greek yacht manufacturers in the world. The seagoing tradition of Ocean Yachts and the wealth of talented professionals combine their skills and high quality craftsmanship to produce the Ocean Star range of sailing yachts in Greece.
The Ocean Yachts boatyard and its 40 person, strong workforce are located in Kalivia, 50 km from the center of Athens. The boatyard is built to allow the combination of traditional craftsmanship and semi custom production and has the capacity to manufacture up to 15 yachts a year.
Ocean Star Yachts
Ocean Star yachts are recognized for their strength and sailing capabilities world wide. Safety on board is a fundamental consideration, which is illustrated by the traditional methods of hull lamination, where the bulkheads are structurally reinforced and the GRP girder grid system is bonded underneath the entire surface and hull’s full perimeter to ensure extra strength and solidity. All of the hulls are laminated by hand and molded internally, while special attention is given to detail during production.
Ocean Yachts are very popular as yacht charters in Greece, due to their quality and great value for money.
Ocean Yachts consistently strives to retain the traditions of hand craftsmanship, while keeping its customers’ ever changing requirements in mind. Each new Ocean Star sailboat is launched as a result of personal involvement and professional skill. An Ocean Star is always well-built, enduring and offers first class sailing performance. The well proven construction materials, construction process, and finishings ensure the longevity of these yachts and make them sound investments.
- The exceptional quality of the Ocean Star yachts is exemplified with their elegant interiors and practicable finishes.The standard material for the interior is a marine grade ply with a choice of various synthetic veneer finishes. All doorframes and furniture cappings are made from solid wood. Traditional wood finishes such as teak, maple or cherry are also available using high quality marine grade veneers by LIGNAPAL finished with solid wood cappings. All of the interiors are available with either a matt or gloss finish. The cabin soles are finished in 16mm teak and holly veneers. The doorways are wide and feature an additional top hinge for extra strength.
- The deck’s modern design consists of a large cockpit including a table and a separate twin-wheel steering area. The cockpit lockers and large lazarette provide ample storage space, whilst equipment such as the hatches, winches, and port lights are placed in strategic positions. All instruments and control lines are positioned within easy reach of the helm and crew.Furthermore, all Ocean star sailboats have a sun deck area with teak finishing that provides ample space for a minimum of two people to enjoy the sun.
- The interior layout is appealing and spacious with attractive finishings. Wide passageways and good handholds make for easy movement around the yacht. The galley has been designed for ease of use when underway. There is a large double sink, front opening fridge, top-opening freezer, and space for a microwave.
Ocean Star Yacht Features
Greece has a long sea going tradition and the Ocean Yachts team is comprised of a wealth of talented boat builders. For this reason, Ocean Star sailboats are hand crafted, giving special attention to each detail. All of the final fittings, finishings, and assembly are done by hand since there are no shortcuts to producing top class sailboats.
Ocean Yachts and Models
- Ocean Pearl 62.1 confirms that a modern design can flawlessly merge with performance, stability and comfort, features that have made vessels designed by Ocean Yachts recognized internationally. The boatyard’s tradition of producing semi custom built yachts ensures that owners can acquire tailor made yachts, according to each one’s specific preferences and lifestyle.
- The new Ocean Star 56.1 will make a statement when entering any harbor! A truly stylish yacht, she provides exceptional accommodation, breathtaking performance and straightforward, effortless handling. Equipped with the finest technology, this luxury sailboat is perfectly suited for blue water sailing or chartering.
- The Ocean Star 51.2 is a yacht that epitomizes many of the best qualities of the Ocean Star range. Ease of handling is ensured as all controls and winches are placed within easy reach of the helmsman, whilst spray protection is provided by a fold away spray hood and a bimini top covering the entire cockpit to protect guests from the sun (both optional). The in mast furling is standard, while the teak decks add to its sense of class. Standard equipment includes the roller furling system, the lead fin keel, throttle, fuel tank indicators and switches panel board in the helmsman seat. Furthermore, there are self tailing winches, sparcraft boom-vang with hydraulic piston and goiot aluminum toe rails with 6 fairleads.