Sail your flotilla yacht charter in Greece at a leisurely pace, enjoying the company of other flotilla guests and the support and guidance of a professionally crewed flotilla lead yacht.
If you have some sailing experience and like the camaraderie of others around you, with the opportunity to socialize in the evenings, mix with other sailing families and for your children to make new friends, then choose a Sailing Flotilla Yacht Charter in Greece.
If you have not sailed before there is the option to have your own skipper, who will sleep on the flotilla lead yacht at night so you can have the boat to yourselves when not sailing.
What is a flotilla sailing?
Flotilla sailing belongs to the category of the Bareboat charters is which includes. In Flotilla sailing we have a group of small sailing yachts on a bareboat basis (usually without crew) 28-35 feet long, rented out in whole or in part. All the little yachts sail together accompanied by a leader-guide following a pre-arranged specific route/itinerary.
The two calm, easy and smooth sailing areas in Greece that you can sail in a flotilla are A) the Saronic and Argolic Gulf south of Athens and B) Lefkas & Corfu islands in the north part of the Ionian sea.
Flotillas are the ideal compromise between bareboat and a crewed charter vacations. With a flotilla you will skipper your own boat, together with a fleet of several other yachts. Yet, an experienced skipper (flotilla leader) – on board one of the leading yachts – will guide you and the rest of the flotilla fleet from port to port.
Advantages of Flotilla Yacht Charter in Greece
- With crewed charters & gulets cruises on one side and bareboat sailing on the other side, flotillas comprise the best of both worlds, since the flotilla leader will help you skipper the yacht yourself.
- The lead yacht, skippered by the flotilla leader, serves as a crewed charter yacht where singles or couples can rent a berth charter or cabin charter, respectively.
- Flotilla yacht charter sailing holidays are ideal for families with young children, who will then have the opportunity to play with other kids.
- Yacht charter holidays may seem expensive, but compared with normal hotel prices and ferries fees, flotilla holidays are actually quite cheap. Moreover, you have your own kitchen and you will not be limited to the major ports (read: expensive tourist traps) as with cruise liners.
- The flotilla fleets can vary from 5 to 10 yachts supervised by at least one leading yacht that will help and advise you.
- Though not necessarily, flotilla yachts are usually monohulls, since catamarans do take up even more space in the already crowded ports.
- Flotilla leaders will help you with issues like Mediterranean mooring & anchoring or navigation and will decide whether a certain anchorage is safe for the night. If desired you can request constant VHF contact or even visual contact during the sailing hours.
Also every morning there is a skippers meeting, where you will be briefed on the day ahead, the next port, weather forecasts, possible lunchtime anchorages, etc.
You can find numerous Yacht Charter Companies in Greece that organize flotilla sailing holidays and will be more than pleased to inform you on flotilla yacht charter options in the Greek Islands.